Colorado Liberty Bell Restoration & Site Enhancement
Lincoln Park – Capital Hill Lawn
Client: Daughters of the American Revolution – Mount Rosa Chapter | NSDAR
In 1950, 55 replicas of the Phildelphia Liberty Bell were cast in Annecy-le-Vieux France to be ditributed to each State and US Territory by the US Treasury Department. The Colorado Bell (No.49) is presently located on the grounds of the State Capital building; inoperable and in disrepair.
The Mount Rosa Chapter of the DAR -Daughters of the American revolution have taken on the challenge of restoring the bell to operating order as well as enhancing the bells presence within Civic Park.
The DAR, founded in 1890 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., is a non-profit, non-political volunteer women’s service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America’s future through
better education for children.
VITE Collaborative has donated its time and efforts in providing design and techincal consulting services to forward DARs mission to restore the Bell.